

Matt and I have been married for five years! We can't believe how fast time has gone by. For those of you who may not know, Matt and I met at McGlynn's (a bar) 6 years ago. I was up there meeting a friend and this guy was hanging around staring at me. I had a weird feeling like I knew this guy from somewhere. I asked my friend who he was and he said it was his friend Matt. I thought he was really cute and I knew he was going to be somebody special. Well, we ended up talking and he gave me his number. I don't ever call guys I meet at bars so I never called even though I thought he was very nice. The next time we met again at the bar and he asked why I never called. I apologized and told him my dating rules. He was very disappointed. but said he wasn't giving up. About 2 months later I threw a party and invited my friend who in turn brought Matt to my house! Since we were not at a bar he asked if he could take me out and I said yes. We were both seeing other people at the time but after our first date we broke it off and became exclusive a month later. We knew we were going to get married when we first met and I guess you can say it was love at first sight. A lot of people don't know how we became engaged either. Before I even became pregnant with Zac we had been talking about marriage but we had decided to get engaged after Danielle and Anthony got married in September. Well, sometimes life throws you a curve ball and I became pregnant with Zac. We knew we wanted to get married before Zac was born because we thought it was important for him to know his parents were married. So I knew he was going to propose but I didn't know when. Well one weekend we decided to go to my beach house. On the way down Matt was very sweaty and antsy. He said he had to go to the bathroom. We got all the way to my house and Matt didn't even pull in the driveway. He took the keys and ran into the house. So I had to park the car and carry all the luggage into the house. When I got to the door it was locked. I banged on the door and Matt came rushing back to unlock the door and ran back into the house. As I came into the house I heard music playing. It was our favorite song. I turned the corner and there was a trail of rose petals leading into the house. When I got to the living room Matt was on one knee and he had three dozen roses sitting behind him. There was a picture of us on the table from one of our first dates. Now the next part I can hardly remember but I know I heard "Will you marry me?" in there somewhere. Now you all know how we met and how Matt proposed. It has been the best 5 years of my life and I can't imagine not spending them with Matt. I love you honey!
1 comment:
That is such a great story. Congrats on 5 years and Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment