Sunday, June 7, 2009

Longwood Gardens





























Today Mimi treated our family, Aunt Danielle and Anthony, and our nephew Chase to a trip to Longwood Gardens. Chase is up visiting from Florida and Zac is so excited to have his cousin here to play. When we first got to the Gardens the kids were given maps. Well Chase took his map duties very seriously and led the boys around to find the tree houses. One of the tree houses had a statue of a dragon and the other had an actual beehive! There was a lot of walking and we had three strollers the boys took turns in. But I think the boys ran most of the time and Matt, Danielle, Mimi, and I got stuck dragging strollers around. Danielle and I had a really hard time getting up one big hill. At one point we had to stop and rest to feed Reese so the boys drank there Lemonade and ate cheese curls. Chase does not like Lemonade so we went to the restaurant and found milk. We also had hot dogs and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The boys loved looking at the water and we did see a big snake. I did not like that at all. We went inside the greenhouse and the boys had a great time in the atrium looking at lily pads. By the time we were done we all wanted to take a nap! It was exhausting. Check back tomorrow for more fun times!

1 comment:

jenn said...

Sounds like a super fun time. I am glad you guys all got to go together. Thank you so much for filling us in on your day so fast!! We miss Chase already, but are so glad he is up there spending time with you guys. See you in a couple of days!