

I hate to say it but my son does not know how to ride a bike. It's our fault really. During the summer we have never found the time. We either go to the beach or go somewhere like the aquarium or zoo. Not to mention the fact we are all addicted to the Wii. So today I made a resoultion today there will be no tv or Wii for us on the weekends. There will be outdoor fun only. I mean, we have DVR so it's not like we will miss anything on TV...and the Wii will always be there waiting. Anyway, I took Zac to a school parking lot so he could ride all around in a big space without worrying about sidewalks. (Matt stayed behind with Reese.) It turned out ok. My parents had given Zac a Big Wheel for Christmas last year that has buttons and sounds all on it. He did get distracted by that so I think we may have to get a bike without gizmos. He got stuck on the steering part and needs to learn to push harder on the pedals. My goal is an expert bike rider by the end of the summer so stay tuned.
2 comments:
Go Zac! Chase doesn't know how to ride his bike either. He doesn't seem to want to learn and keeps talking about how he might fall off. I borrowed a big wheel from the kid down the street today, but he still wasn't in to pushing the pedals by himself!! Crazy kid! Good luck and i hope you have a pro bike rider soon!!
Removing the video games from connection is a weekly occurrence for me. Shane's training wheels are going off this week so don't feel bad. He is not happy about it. Zac will pic up that foot pedaling quicker then you know.
Post a Comment